Job Responsibilities : Game Designer
Salary : 100000 per YEAR
Company : Minutes Studio
Location : Remote IN
Minutes Studio is a interactive entertainment gaming company. We delivers games content and online services for Internet-connected consoles personal computers mobile phones and tablets.
The challenge ahead:
Interested in joining our team? At Minutes Studio – where passion for games is only matched by the talent on the ground – we are looking for a Game Designer to design what the game consists of and how it plays following the vision of the Creative/Game Director. Game Designers plan and determine all the elements and components of a game including its setting structure rules story flow characters objects vehicles and devices available to the characters; interface design; and game modes.
Originality and creativity are valued but a knowledge of a game’s target audience and market is equally if not more important. Game Designers should also understand the capabilities and benefits of different hardware platforms (e.g. PC console mobile) and familiarity with software technologies and techniques appropriate to each platform.
Reporting to the Creative Director It is the Game Designer’s responsibility to ensure that the team understands and shares the original concept and vision of the game as outlined by the Creative/Game Director. During development the Game Designer makes adjustments to the original specification to respond to technical constraints and to incorporate new programming and art creation methods developed by the team. The Game Designer also trains testers to play the game making sure that they understand what is expected of the finished product
What skills does Minutes Studio look for?
There is no set route to becoming a Game Designer. The Game Designer usually has a reasonably level of industry experience. We usually expects to see a portfolio of work which can take the form of completed game projects or written game design documents and proposals.
Game development is a collaborative process involving diverse teams. Designers their vision to artists programmers producers marketing staff and others involved in the development process and accept feedback on their work.
When looking for Game Designers we values an understanding of gameplay theory. are a must along with storytelling and narrative development skills. You have information design and user interface design skill.
- Work with teams including Producers Artists Programmers Marketing and other Leads to create the team’s understanding of the project’s vision.
- Maintain level design documentation including mechanics guidelines and gameplay outlines.
- Plan and determine all the elements and components of a game including its setting structure rules story flow characters objects and peripherals available to the characters; interface design; and game modes.
- Develop Prototypes in any tool of preference to prove design concept to team and iterate. (Maya and Unity preferred)
- Contribute by bringing new ideas to the table regarding every fact of the game.
- Coordinate with Leads to ensure that level design documentation and implementation are realistic participate in regular hands-on interaction with Producer and Software Engineers to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet design requirements.
- Establish and enhance relationships with all creative resources.
- Establish focus groups; trains testers to play the game making sure that they understand what is expected of the finished product.
- Experience with interface design ability and game design theories.
- Prototype ideas using platform of choice.
- 2+ years minimum experience in a similar role
- Systems Design background a desired plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games we offer great compensation packages and a culture that powered by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes meal vouchers stocks programs …and of course free video games.
Minutes Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race sex gender gender identity or expression sexual orientation age religion disability medical condition pregnancy marital status family status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect your future to ours. Inspire. Dream. Play.
Click Here : Apply Now