Job Responsibilities: Data Science Instructor – Part-Time, Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) (Remote) – $30,000/year USD
Salary: 30000 per MONTH
Location: Remote IN
Educational requirements: High School
Are you an expert data scientist? Do you want to build a personal brand as a subject matter expert but aren’t sure how? Here’s your chance! Teach a new generation of data scientists and analysts your world-class skills without giving up your day job.
Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) is looking for part-time data science professionals to teach in an immersive live online classroom. You will set your schedule by choosing the weekly classes that work for your life.
You will impart the technical and soft skills that made your career successful. BloomTech is committed to the success of our students to the extent that they don’t pay tuition until they secure a job. This unparalleled commitment to employability requires the best instructors to prepare them.
BloomTech is committed to building a diverse team of staff and instructors where everyone feels seen heard and valued. Therefore we welcome a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities we serve.
If you’re passionate about Data Science and ready to share your top-notch skills apply today!
What you will be doing
- Teaching on Zoom via live code-along explaining complex concepts simply using real-life examples exercises and storytelling
- Providing learner support encourages struggling learners and challenges those who are excelling
- Providing curriculum feedback and reporting learner progress
What you will NOT be doing
- Managing other instructors or teaching assistants
- Only tutoring students – your professional expertise forms the foundation of teaching the relevant technical skills required for success in the real world.
- Traveling for conferences meetings or training; we are a 100% remote team.
Pass on your technical expertise to train data scientists and analysts ready to start new careers
- One of the following:
- A college degree + 3 years of relevant work experience OR
- A High school diploma or equivalent + 5 years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience as a Python programmer or data scientist with specific experience in pandas NumPy sci-kit-learn etc.
- Excited to provide engaging live online courses to adult students
- Available to teach between 5 – 11 pm US Eastern time (weekdays) or 1 – 8 pm US Eastern time (weekends)
- Strong internet connection – at least 6 Mbps upload speed
Nice to have
- Experience teaching or mentoring new learners