Job Responsibilities : Content Specialist (1-3 years/B2B)
Salary : 300000 per YEAR
Company : Almabase
Location : Remote IN
We are on a mission to make education affordable to everyone by helping universities & schools build better relationships with their alumni which leads to increased donations.
We believe in
- Democratizing quality education: Quality education is a great equalizer. When many students receive scholarships to access education because of alumni generosity they pay-it-forward when they have the capacity to do so. We derive our inspiration from actions like this
- Building a large profitable business: We envision building a capital-efficient large profitable business to achieve our mission of democratizing quality education. This means less dependence on investors & more ownership with the team. We are one of the few profitable Indian SaaS startups building Value SaaS.
- Employee Wellness <> Customer Success: We give as much importance to each team member’s personal & professional success as much as we care about our customer’s success. We believe it’s all about balance. Our recent WFH policies reflect this belief.
Our impact so far
- > 3 million alumni connected
- > 450000 students impacted
- > $3 million donations raised
- > 54 million engagement opportunities created
- > 32 months since profitability
Almabase is looking to hire a Content Specialist to join our Marketing team. Alumni relations is a 200-year-old industry that’s ripe for disruption. And we’re all set to be the disruptors.
In this role your primary responsibility will be creating quality content and measuring the impact of your content on our audience. You will need a solid grasp of our audience and their pain points along with a deep understanding of the Almabase product. Our ideal candidate has 1-3 years of B2B writing experience and has experience creating different forms of quality content (product decks/brochures blog posts case studies social media posts etc.)
As per industry standards. Equity will be awarded after 12 months based on the impact created. We prefer that every employee holds equity in the company.
This role will see you working closely with our Sales team and our Product Marketing team to drive our ABM (Account Based Marketing) efforts forward. You will have plenty of opportunities to create valuable content across all stages of the sales funnel (ToFu MoFu BoFu).
Here’s what that entails:
- Develop a good understanding of the current problems faced by alumni relations and fundraising professionals and create compelling content to drive awareness for Almabase. The content could be in the form of blogs e-books decks case studies webinars etc.
- Drive more top of the funnel awareness through content. We have a solid understanding and an extensive database of our buyer’s universe. This role will put you deep into this universe to create content that caters to their needs.
- Understand the customer journey from awareness through purchase and product adoption to identify what questions are being asked and where we can reduce friction/create momentum. You will get to work closely with the customer success team (CSMs) & sales team (SDRs and AEs) in this process.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and clearly articulate the value they add to customers with the right positioning and messaging.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to create landing pages guides and other relevant content.
- Come up with creative social media campaigns to improve Almabase’s engagement on LinkedIn.
- 1–3 years of B2B content writing experience. Sales enablement experience would be a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills with a penchant for quality and attention to detail. We prefer simple language to jargon.
- An ability to understand tech and business software including buyer behavior and ideal customer profiles and translate tech content into marketing material.
- An analytical mindset to look at data to identify what’s working and what’s not.
- A team player with strong multitasking skills is a huge plus.
- Experience in working for the US region is an added advantage.
What will a typical month look like?
- You will learn the ins and outs of our industry our audience (and their pain points) and our competitors.
- Learn about our product – knowing what you’re trying to sell and whom you’re trying to sell to.
- You will also spend time getting to know the teammates you’ll work with down the line.
- You will create and curate highly personalized content and distribute them based on existing playbooks as well as new ideas. Since this content will be an integral part of our ABM outreach it has to be extremely relevant to our audience and their pain points.
- You would then measure the success of your work based on pre-defined metrics.
- You will also proactively work on identifying new pain points for our prospects and creating valuable content that’s engaging and relevant.
What will make you successful in this role?
- You need to understand two things really well if you want to succeed – our audience (and their pain points) and our product.
- You need to be creative with your ideas but also use an analytical mindset to rinse and repeat.
- You need to own the outcomes not the inputs. It’s not about how much content you create but about what outcome it helps us achieve.
- Being proactive and resourceful enough to be a team player. This is a strong part of our culture and is applicable to every role.
How will we set you up for success in this role?
- We will provide you with detailed training to give you a head-start into the world of alumni relations and educational fundraising. We’ll also talk about the competitive landscape and provide you access to hundreds of recorded conversations and existing marketing material.
- We will connect you with industry experts who will be happy to have conversations with you to help you understand more about the space.
- You will have plenty of opportunities to be in touch with your audience by listening into calls with prospects and current customers every day.
- You will have a quarterly review with your manager to discuss career goals and overall success along with regular mentoring.
- You will have a lot of creative freedom to experiment and try new things once you understand the goals and the audience well. We aren’t one of those organizations where ideas only come from the top – some of our best ideas have come from random brainstorming sessions and we expect you to contribute great ideas.
Why should you join Almabase?
By joining as a content specialist in a growing team you have the opportunity to make a huge impact by working closely with the leadership team including the CEO Head of Product Product Marketing Manager Head of Customer Success Marketing Manager and Director of Sales. As we scale our marketing team over the next few months you will have a key role to play in hiring and taking on bigger responsibilities.
This is what our team members enjoy the most about Almabase:
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who wants to take up challenging work & push your boundaries with no one monitoring you then this is the right place for you. We don’t believe in strict hierarchies.
- Great Salary & Equity: For our top performers and leaders we grant stock options. As Almabase continues to grow you’ll have a real opportunity to create wealth for yourself and your family. We pay great salaries too!
- Holistic Growth: Building a career doesn’t have to be at the cost of missing out on your personal front. We believe that professional success is worth when the personal goals are nurtured with equal importance. We will support you on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: If you ever wanted to know what it’s like to be on an entrepreneurial journey then working with Almabase gives you that opportunity to experience it all first hand.
- More than just work: One big secret to our success (shhh… this is just between us) is finding the balance between work and play. We have plenty of activities throughout the year that help build esprit de corps – whether they are intense cricket/football/basketball matches or fun-filled music/dance/trivia/game nights.
- Food & Snacks: You’ll never have to worry about your hunger pangs. We provide tasty home cooked food & snacks at all times of the day.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance for you and your dependents.
- Unlimited leaves & flexible work hours: There is no ceiling to the leaves or restraint to your working hours. Our only policy is that you use your good judgment.
- The comfort of home: On a tiring day if you want to take a break on a bed or if you want to jog & take a shower at work or play your hearts our on PS4 you can do it all at Almabase.
If all of this sounds exciting to you join us for an exciting and equally fulfilling ride at Almabase!
Click Here : Apply Now