Job Responsibilities: Quality Assurance Engineer (Manual Tester)
Salary: 200000 per YEAR
Company: Almabase – Bengaluru, Karnataka•Remote
Location: Remote IN
We are on a mission to make education affordable to everyone by helping universities & schools build better relationships with their alumni which leads to increased donations.
- Democratizing quality education: Quality education is a great equalizer. When many students receive scholarships to access education because of alumni generosity they pay it forward when they can do so. We derive our inspiration from actions like this
- Building a large profitable business: We envision building a capital-efficient large profitable business to achieve our mission of democratizing quality education. This means less dependence on investors & more ownership of the team. We are one of the few profitable Indian SaaS startups building Value SaaS.
- Employee Wellness <> Customer Success: We give as much importance to each team member’s personal & professional success as much as we care about our customer’s success. We believe it’s all about balance. Our recent WFH policies reflect this belief.
Our impact so far
- 3 million alumni connected
- 450000 students impacted
- $3 million donations raised
- 54 million engagement opportunities created
- 32 months since profitability
While a small team of engineers built a product that helped us scale until this point the company’s growth from here is based on a multi-product strategy. The way we’re scaling our product team is in-line with the company’s strategy. After all, we’re big believers in Conway’s law. So each product will have its team of a PM and engineers.
These products have critical workflows and the new developers need to be more confident and fearless about making changes in the system. This will help deliver products faster to the customers while building more robust products.
We have also developed an in-house framework for manually testing the features/product before launch. We call it bug bash. This has helped us catch more than 1000 bugs before releasing the features on production. In this role, you will coordinate with all team members product managers quality engineers and developers to self-ensure and also organize the bug bashes to maintain the utmost quality of all our modules.
Think of QA in Almabase as the backbone that will help engineers in product teams to ensure quality throughout the process and coordinate bug bashes for all the product teams. Your understanding of functional testing writing maintainable tests written and verbal communication skills will be put to the test.
- You will have to prepare test cases document test reports and log bugs.
- In this role, you will be working closely with the Product Manager and Quality engineer for frequent updates and developments.
- You are required to be creative in your approach to breaking new features and bringing out edge cases in the development/stage environment.
- Feedback about learnings and discoveries has to be regularly communicated with the team.
- You will be required to run confirmatory tests and regressing tests on our modules periodically.
- 11:30 AM IST to 8:30 PM IST – This is flexible and you can structure your working hours around pre-scheduled meetings and dependencies.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in the field of software testing.
- Experience in testing Web applications and compatibility testing across browsers and devices.
- Pays great attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
- A knack for breaking things. You should be driven to test with the motive of breaking the application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be proactive in prioritizing and focusing on deliverables.
Click Here : Apply Now