Are you passionate about delivering great customer experiences powered by a deep understanding of user needs & data? Do you want to revolutionize the way that enterprises secure their data? Do you love building new and deep relationships with our customers? Would you love to do all the above at a planet-scale in a fast-growing multi-billion-dollar business group? If yes we have exactly the role you are looking for!
The Data Security & Privacy Connectors team creates compliance connectors that create value for multiple solutions in the Data Security & Privacy suite and are a key pillar of the suite’s extensibility story. You will get an opportunity to extend the value of the solutions to millions of users using third-party products which include flagship products from some of the most popular consumer and enterprise services in the world.
We’re looking for a talented product manager who is energetic self-driven and can easily switch from product management and planning to produce technical requirements that can be consumed by our engineering and research teams. This role requires cross-team cross-geo collaboration. The ideal candidate should have a strong affinity for the security and compliance industry as well as a demonstrated track record of a great partner and customer engagement.
About the team:
Microsoft 365 Security division helps our customers be secure & compliant across their heterogenous environments by building products and services based on deep customer empathy. We are deeply committed to our workforce reflecting the diversity of our customers and our communities. Our mission is highly inclusive: empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We expect each of us — irrespective of level role or function — to play an active role in creating environments where people of diverse backgrounds are excited to bring all of who they are and do their best work. We take pride in being a diverse and inclusive team and we hope that you will join us on this mission.
- Identify User problems/Product opportunities based on user behavior
- Define feature specs to map out customer problems with feature requirements and success metrics.
- Collaborate with distributed teams to deliver features & enhancements and iterate.
- Monitor progress of the product/feature throughout the development lifecycle identifying risks and opportunities and keeping key stakeholders informed.
- Drive analysis and support of investment decisions and offer business perspective to influence key strategic decisions.
- Proactively identify issues that impede business group success and provide solutions/recommendations
- 5+ years of experience designing or developing products/services preferably in the security and/or compliance space.
- A deep sense of customer/user empathy
- Highly skilled at cross-org collaboration & effective communication across disciplines/groups
- Technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly master service capabilities technical issues business trends and customer needs.
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead multiple high-profile projects of varying timelines simultaneously
- Motivated to work with and leverage internationally distributed development teams
- Bachelor’s + degree in computer science or related fields
Bonus: Previous work experience with security or compliance product suites.
Microsoft is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age ancestry color family or medical care leave gender identity or expression genetic information marital status medical condition national origin physical or mental disability political affiliation protected veteran status race religion sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.