Job Responsibilities : Auditor
Salary : 200000 per YEAR
Company : Bank of America
Location : Gandhinagar, Gujarat IN
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions serving individual consumers small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking investing asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day we are focused on delivering value convenience expertise and innovation for individuals businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
- BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Corporate Audit and Credit Review is a global team responsible for providing independent assessments of business activities throughout Bank of America. Corporate Audit provides independent assessment and validation of risk through testing of key processes and controls across the Bank which are designed to add value and improve the Bank’s operations and long term business strategies. The mission of Corporate Audit is to effectively and efficiently support the Company’s risk governance framework by determining whether controlling processes and controls over strategic credit market liquidity operational compliance and reputational risks are adequately designed and functioning effectively.
The Auditor will execute assigned areas of audit work (point in time audits continuous audits or issue validations) to perform data testing to ensure timely execution within quality standards and adherence to audit policies and procedures.
Typically works on audit reviews of moderate to high complexity that would involve understand the data used in capital decisions/regulatory reporting and test the completeness and accuracy of data from point of origin to systems of record through business use (e.g. reporting) by independently querying systems data for data extraction from multiple sources and perform advanced data analytics.
Conducting review and test execution of data input and output controls like reconciliation data transfer completeness controls thresholds month over month comparisons etc.
For qualitative calculation the Auditor will evaluate the code or calculations in accordance with the documented methodology for the capital decisioning models.
Auditor will be exposed to multiple business units to deepen business acumen and to develop expertise in the products / technology used. They are expected to have industry knowledge and awareness; Challenge the status quo; Promote teamwork; Share experiences; Have a strong foundational knowledge of IT Governance and Management practices as well as IT risks and controls.
- Utilize analytical skills and technical expertise to execute assigned areas of audit work (point in time audits continuous audits or issue validations) for data testing Confirm there are appropriate controls for maintaining data integrity and data quality (completeness accuracy timeliness and duplication) and the controls are designed adequately to mitigate data quality risk.
- Understand the data used in assigned review and test the completeness/accuracy of data from point of origin to systems of record through business use (e.g. reporting) by independently data extraction from multiple sources and perform advanced data analytics
- Evaluate the code or calculations in accordance with the documented methodology for the capital decisioning models.
- Create / maintain accurate and clear work documents for data testing performed and issues observed during field work
- Provide inputs to develop and implement automation and continuous monitoring activities.
- Provide data testing support to issue validation activities as and when required understanding the business/data impacts of the issue to conclude on remediation
- Proactively communicate status escalate challenges and findings
- Establish and maintain business partner relationships
- Actively support peers and broader team during audit reviews issue validation and other work
Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Exp range: Overall a minimum of 6-8 years of experience
- Audit Risk or Compliance Data experience in Financial Institutions.
- Strong understanding of technology IT general controls and other IT controls
- Strong analytical and automation skills using SQL SAS Excel Python Alteryx or similar tools to analyze large amounts of data.
- Advance SQL writing abilities and knowledge of how to connect to data sources and extract and analyze data
- Understanding of Data Integration/ETL tools.
- Should have the ability to perform high quality risk-focused fieldwork in accordance with Corporate Audit methodologies and standards in order to identify meaningful issues risks and other exposures as it relates to data and as outlined in the Enterprise Data Management standard.
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment.
- Sound organizational analytical oral and written communication skills including ability to effectively write accurate and clear work reports present to management and various regulators.
- Work with team to provide input to develop and implement automation and continuous monitoring activities.
- Self-starter desire to learn positive attitude exhibits flexibility
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting structure and effectively interact with diverse teams.
- Ability to successfully communicate to influence management and lead change on both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Ability to juggle multiple work efforts and to quickly change direction.
- Understanding of audit practices and methodologies as well as rules for professional and ethical conduct.
- Ability to define and execute audit test programs within a risk-based audit methodology.
- Ability to work in a very detailed manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous experience auditing information technology.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in an IT Audit / Assurance role or have a similar background testing / evaluating control effectiveness in a related discipline.
- Audit / Assurance or operational experience in large scale enterprise environment / financial institution.
- Knowledge of Bank of America business processes and insight into capital adequacy planning CCAR / stress testing and baseline forecasting concepts
- AI / Data Science Experience
- Current Audit and/or Technology related certification (CISA CRISC CISSP CDPSE CCIA GSNA RHCE ITIL etc.)
- Working knowledge of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
Work Timings: 11am to 8pm
Work location: GIFT
Hours Per Week:
Referral Bonus Amount: